Friday 1 February 2013

My first quilt....ever.

Quite a challenge for me as I don't do much sewing these days and I dithered about too much thinking of the 'what', and 'how' but once I dove in I was OK.  Cut on Wednesday and layed it out on the bed to sort out the pattern, sewed the front panel yesterday, including the applique flower fairies, cut the backing and sewed the edges this afternoon and here it is.


This is a close-up of the centre.


All those from one fat quarter, and I have some left to trim the bag.  That's the next task and I'm going to keep it as simple as possible.

Was hoping I could get it finished today so that I could take it to Jo tomorrow at our monthly craft club but I can't see that happening, unless those pixies who helped the tailor of Gloucester pop in overnight.

The quilt is a LillyBo quilt, made with love, and a bit of backache, to help provide a bit of comfort and a quilty cuddle to a sick child.  If you want to know more pop over to JoZart's LillyBo blog 

12 comments:

Annie said...

That is really pretty Ann. Neither Jo or I had made a quilt til Jo[zart] asked but I'm on a roll now and have just finished the front of number three....number two is ready to be blogged tomorrow :-)
Hugs,
A x

JoZart Designs said...

Oh Ann.. it's so lovely and thank you so much for donating your very first ever quilt. I hope you go on to make yourself one now and maybe for your family too. Well done!
love Jo
and see you tomorrow.
BTW... if there are only odd bits to finish it, why not bring it and I'll finish it off save posting and time for you.

Alison Scott said...

Wonderful. How special that will be to someone.

tilly said...

what a super quilt for the lilibo cause, it will make someone happy, I am just back from holiday, so not started mine yet
Tilly

Redanne said...

Hi Ann, what a beauty you have made! I love yours much better than mine which Jo now has. My first one too but it is such a good cause, I just had to give it a go. Hugs, Anne x

chrissie said...

Well done Ann--beautiful choice of colours and images.

Love Chrissie xx

Twiglet said...

Well done you!!! That is really lovely. x Jo

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! Better in real life!! Xx

cockney blonde said...

Ann that is beautiful. I've taken the plunge and bought some material today. I must be nad, I hate sewing, lol, x

voodoo vixen said...

I love that so many of us have had a go at quilting for the very first time and that they are so pretty! Just adore those appliqued fairies, some happy little girl is going to love them. Annette

Neesie said...

What a beautiful quilt Ann with perfect applique flower fairies and colour.
What a great cause and I'm sure any child would feel loved when they snuggle in this.
I hardly sew a button on so I'm in awe...really!
Have a great week and have fun at Jo's. I think it's great that you get-together :D

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

WOW Ann that is sooooo very gorgeous!!! love the wee fairies so lovely...

I cannot believe how many lovely things there are to see! thrilling it is!

- God bless you dear Anne and the little one to whom it is going, love Shaz in oz.x