Friday 12 October 2012

Playday

Looks like my mojo is making a bit of a re-visit as I have been making a few cards.

I get bored very easily when doing cards, love making backgrounds but because of postage costs and the need to keep cards to one layer it is a bit restricting.  The answer - never making the same one twice, an easy task when you have zillions of different stamps and almost as many ink pads.

Here are a few I made this week.
Resist background on coated cardstock stamped with IndigoBlu and Artistic Stamper sewing theme stamps.
Think it needs a little something else - real buttons, or a bit of lace?



Mucky(grungy) distress inked background and a Paper Inspirations stamp I won on E-Bay.  Only ever won two things - the other was a pair of curtains - I prefer the stamp LOL.



And now for something completely different, Distress Inks from the Summer collection smooshed(?) on card  and spritzed with water (a favourite technique).  Stamp is from Crafty Individuals coloured with the same ink pads.


Last one is an Acey Deucy wood mounted stamp - Puccini's Muse.  Another favourite of mine (I have so many).  I tried to do a Brazen Brilliance background but have fogotten quite how to do these so I improvised.  Gloss card stock understamped ginko leaf with silver Brilliance, sponged combination on chalk inks (the russet colours) with Adirondack (Denim).  Have to come clean now as the Adirondack was a mistake.  That's what happens when you pick up a dirty sponge ha ha, still I like how this one has turned out.

Much nicer in real life as the metallic leaves show up better and the colours are a bit richer.

So that's me on the road again - off to hang out the washing now and then I may try the socks again - didn't know how hard it would be knitting on four needles, need a few more hands to hold them.

Have a good weekend everyone.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann
What a fabulous selection. I think my favourite is Puccini's Muse, the background is wonderful.
Wishes
Lynne

Von said...

Nice to see you back on form Ann with some super cards :)
Von ♥

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, some lovely stuff there, Ann - looks as if you've had fun x

chrissie said...

Nice to see you again Ann. These cards are all fantastic and just love the Oriental stamp.

Best Wishes from Chrissie xxx

Ephemera said...

Hi Ann, great cards, the backgrounds are stunning, all uniquely beautiful. Never heard of the 'brazen' technique before though. XX