Friday 4 May 2012

Sunny N Wales

Well, a bit optimistic about the sunny bit but the rest of the post title is OK as we are all packed up ready to get off tomorrow for a week's break.  Think I have covered every eventuality in the weather - sun (???), rain (much more likely) and cold (same) and looking forward to an open fire so we need to stock up on firelighters and buy a bag of coal on the way.

Have packed a few (?) craft items so will have a bit of a knitting and sewing week.  I plan to make another  jumper and hat for the fish and chips babies this week here is the one I finished sewing up today.

I also finished the little ribbon storage book I showed on last week's WOYWW following Jenniebellie's YouTube video.  Not quite finished as I have to come up with a better closure but I'm please with the result.


Outside, covered with strokeable washi paper...


... and a top view of the inside full of ribbons.

Whatever the weather I hope you all have a great Bank Holiday weekend - I know I will.

10 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Ann
The ribbon storage is a wonderful idea, perfect for travelling crafters.
Have a wonderful time and remember and share the completed knitting projects with us.
Wishes
Lynne

Annie said...

Love the fish and chip knittie Ann and your ribbon storage is a great idea. Have a fab holiday whatever the weather :-)
Hugs,
A x

Von said...

I'd love to see the jumper being worn :) such a neat way to store ribbons too :)
Have a wonderful time and hope the weather is good to you
Von x♥x

Redanne said...

Hi Ann, hope you have a wonderful holiday, I don't suppose the weather will be any deterrent to having a good time! Love the little fish and chip knits and your ribbon holder is looking good. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ann, the ribbon storage is a brilliant idea, especially ideal for taking some ribbon on holiday. The wee jumper is beautiful. Hope you have a great holiday no matter what the weather is like. Elizabeth x

Ephemera said...

Hi Ann, love your makes, the ribbon book is a brilliant and beautifully made, and love your mini knits (so jealous appalling at knitting, have tried s many times, but to no avail LOL) have a fab holiday hope the sun shines. XxX

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann. I have never heard of fish and chip knits. Lovely makes tfs. I would love to be able to knit. The patterns always confuse me. Doesnt take much! lol! Super idea for the ribbon storage. Have a wonderful week away. Hope the weather is kind to you.
Regards Florence xx

Karen said...

I love the ribbon storage book, its gorgeous and such a clever idea. Great knits too, they are beautiful :)

Karen xx

Unknown said...

How fabulous to store your ribbons this way ...great idea well done Hugs Elaine
Fab knitting too

Jennibellie said...

Hi Ann, your book turned out beautiful!! Absolutely LOVE the cover! I've learnt with my little one that ribbons make them bulky quickly, so now I'm looking for the perfect box that has a huge spine section to it so I can make a ribbon book to go alongside my washi tape book. I love your description of 'strokeable' washi tape lol I so know what you mean. Hope you're well and much love to you xxx