Saturday 26 May 2012

Fairies and faeries.

Another sunny hot day yesterday so was able to enjoy a bit of sunshine then take myself of to do a bit more crafting.  Two deco book pages needed completing if I wanted to meet the May deadline - I hate being late for anything, and I have been missing a bit of inspiration for the recipient's theme which is fairies.

Don't have many fairy stamps at all so I tend to use the same ones and hope I'm sending them to a different person than last time.

Here's the first page.

A Crafty Individuals stamp and a few flowers on a sprayed and splodged background.  I love the calligraphy on the word stamp which is from Quietfire Designs.

The second is a different style and not quiet finished yet - I need your help.

Background is sprayed watercolour paper and the fairy and toadstool stamps are from Lavinia Stamps.  I cut off the fairy's wings and added some German scrap wings.

Question is do I leave it like this or add a little 'button?



What do you think?

8 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ann.
I'd say less is more and leave the button off :-)
Hugs,
A x

May said...

Fabulous work Ann... I prefer without button... love it!! Hugs May x x

Catherine said...

These are so pretty...

Ali H said...

Hi Ann
I voting for with the button - think it balances out the composition with the fairy at the bottom left. Glad you are enjoying the sunshine & still squeezing in some crafty time !

Ephemera said...

Hi Ann, loving both your fairie cards. I'm not going to be much help as I'm rubbish at making decisions, I think it looks good with and without. xx

Redanne said...

I am on the side of doing without the button, but love both cards and the sentiment on the first one is beautiful.

mark gould said...

happy woyww, thanks for stopping by. those ink trays are all full lol, im a bit of a clepto.
mark x

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne. Beautiful work. I am late visiting - sorry. What did you decide??? Button or no button? What a cliff hanger.
Regards Florence xx