Saturday 28 April 2012

Deco book cover and a near disaster

Ha ha, bet the title got some of you going, imagining paint all over the carpet, earthquakes and floods.  No the disaster was me nearly forgetting our wedding anniversary, again.  Did the same last year and there was no excuse there as it was the same day as William's and Kate's wedding day.  How can you forget when the date is splashed all over the national newspapers - not my anniversary - Prince William's.  Thank goodness my M-in-L sends us a card, early, each year.  It arrived yesterday so I had all this afternoon to make a card.

I hate making cards to order, even if it is for my beloved husband, and he doesn't like arty-farty cards so I kept it simple - no photo I'm afraid - and the simple card gave me lots of time to play on other things.

I'm in a deco book swap, two pages out and in each month, and my theme is 'vintage.  We are half way through the swap so today I made the cover for my book.


Cotton lace, flowers, stamping (one of my favourite faces), more lace, ideology, charms and a couple of book rings.

We are going out for a meal tonight to celebrate - now all I have to do is remember how many years we have been married and I have it sorted.  Maybe I'll ring my M-in-Law - she'll know.

12 comments:

Ephemera said...

Hi Ann Loving your gorgeous book cover, beautiful stamping, and fabulous embellishments. Poor Hubby fancy forgetting your anniversary. I thought it was only me like that, got to make mine a birthday card for Monday and I don't feel like it. xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Ann
This is quite stunning. You know I adore the vintage look and cannot help by swoon at the beautiful trims you have used.
Happy Anniversary.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann. This is simply gorgeous. Enjoy your celebrations. Happy Anniversary.
Regards Florence x
P.S. Hope you remember in time :)

Redanne said...

Oh dear, when I read the title I did imagine all sorts, but what hubby does not know won't hurt him. I love your book cover, it is absolutely gorgeous, love the colours and the image. Have a nice celebration evening. Anne x

Von said...

Lovely lovely lace Ann :) your cover is just stunning :)
x♥x

Karen said...

Your cover is gorgeous Ann, I love all the different elements you have added to it, it looks amazing :)

I hope you and hubby enjoyed your wedding anniversary, best wishes to you both.

Hugs, Karen xx

May said...

Stunning book cover Anne, LOve it...All those textures and elements FAB!!! Happy Anniversary enjoy your meal!!! Hugs May x x x

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, Ann - some great embellishments there and a lovely vintage feel to it. Happy Anniversary! x

JoZart Designs said...

Your book cover is exquisite Ann! ooh yes.... Happy Anniversary... how many this time?
Lots of love Jo x

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Awesome book cover! Happy Anniversary to you both. Hope you have a lovely dinner!

Neet said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and hope you enjoyed the meal.
Love that card you made, certainly no lack of motivation there. it is gorgeous.
Hugs, Neet xx

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Ann, This is absolutely beautiful. I love all the details you have added and and it looks so vintage.
:) Chris / CS Designs