Tuesday 29 November 2011

Thrilled to find out this morning that I'm one of the winners in the Crafty Individuals November Challenge for my winter canvas -  have already had a good browse round the shop and picked my prize stamp.

Well I didn't have to browse too much because I had already seen the latest stamps and had to go for the one with perfume bottles on.  One of the bottles is 4711 Eau de Cologne - anyone remember that?  I can, it was probably the first 'perfume' I ever bought as a teenager (either that or ' Nuits de Paris' -  think that was what it was called, used to buy it in Woolies and it was in a dark blue glass bottle), and I thought I was so sophisticated.

4 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, well done, you! I remember both of those, btw - remember my Nan having them. I LOVED thoe little blue bottles - gorgeous - and I think Nuits de Paris was actually a really nice perfume. Lovely memories x

Unknown said...

Congrats Ann, Can't wait to see what you do with your new perfume stamps. I remember!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done Ann you deserve big congrats and spend it al ten times over as we all do! love Shaz in oz.x

JoZart Designs said...

Congratulations Ann.. .well deserved and it's lovely to get such a nice reward.
4711... ah, Yes! I remember it well. My Dad brought it home from France during WW2 and I used to feign headaches as a child then my Mum would dab my forehead with it . My lovely DD2 bought me a tiny bottle in my Christmas stocking a few years ago...still got it.
The blue bottled perfume was called "Evening in Paris" in England but your French title is probably the original! Very popular in the 50s.
Thanks for the memory!
Love Jo x