Monday 8 August 2011

Tag flag book

Had a lovely day on Saturday with crafting buddies at Victoria Stampers, there isn't any better way to spend a day, creating, chatting, eating (cakes from Mandy and Gill) with such a friendly and generous group of people.
Carol showed us a lovely tag-flag project and a mini slide book neither of which I managed to get finished (nothing new there then) but I settled down this afternoon to finish to tag-flag book.
We stamped with bleach on black card, rubbed chalk inks over the bleached images and stenciled Lumieres to make the covers.  Afraid I overdid it with the chalk inks obliterating some of the images - always was a bit heavy-handed - but I loved the effects of the lumieres, especially on the inside cover where I used a beautiful butterfly mask.
I'll miss the next meeting as we are off to Wales for a week, just hope there are no disasters on that holiday (it's OK as I have my fingers crossed as I type that) but I am looking forward to the October meeting as Neet has something a bit different for us then. October??? it's nearly Christmas - can't believe I just said that.

Anyway here's the book: -

You can just about see the ginko leaves stamped either side of the geisha's head. 
Stamp is one of a set designed by JoZart for Stamp Attack.

This is the inside, don't look too closely as all the butterflies are facing the same way - Oops.


and the last photo shows all the tags.  Some people used black and white photos and others printed images which looked good so am going to dig out my Crafty Individuals books and have a go at another one.

3 comments:

Von said...

Love the dark colours you have worked them beautifully :) and I'm guesing it's quite small going by the beads,
It's lovely to have such talented friends to play with :)
Von x

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful Ann, love the colour theme. Glad to see you got it finished, lol, x

hazel said...

This is gorgeous Ann - the colour is fabulous and I love the images.
xxx Hazel.