Saturday 25 June 2011

Configuration box

Today was one of those days where everything goes right - for once.  Had a brilliant time finishing my Configurations box and listening to/arguing with the radio - Any Answers really gets my goat sometimes.
Before I started to fill it up with goodies I got out the Brilliance inks and altered the look of the Tissue Tape as it looked to grungy for the subject.  I also altered and added a few bits of paper doilly to look like shelf liners and then spent an hour (can you believe that?) making a 1inch high hat box.
In pride of place the lovely dress-form that Jo gave me for my birthday - hope you don't mind me adding a little brilliance to the flowers Jo to help it tone in.
That's crafting done for the day - better get the dinner on (translated as - put the M&S ready meal in the oven) before DH gets home from walking the dog.

This is the finished article.


Jo's birthday gift.


The dreaded hat box .
Detail - the tape measure is a strip of paper.

7 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Wow! that is really superb and I'm honoured to have a piece of mine in it. Don't mind at all that you enhanced it in whatever way you choose. As you know I was limited in what I had when I made it on my demo table.
Love Jo x

JoZart Designs said...

Woo hoo! New to blogging and you have already won your first blog candy for your funny story in your comment on my blog! Pop over to see.....
Well done Ann..
love Jo x

Chris said...

Wow, Ann, this is gorgeous. Love the shelf edging and that hat box was definitely worth all the time and effort. I love the colour scheme and Jo's dress form looks fab in there.

Chris x

hazel said...

Your box has turned out fabulous Ann. I love all the bits and bobs that you've put in it - the dress form is gorgeous.
xxx Hazel.

JoZart Designs said...

Just to say your message appeared OK on my blog!
Jo x

Dotpat said...

Well Ann that is fabulosous he he. Absolutely stunning you clever thing

cockney blonde said...

Love it Ann. You are one talented lady, x